English hub schools promote a love of reading and support schools across the country to provide excellent phonics and early language teaching.
Literacy specialists within each hub will provide tailored support to schools. This will include:
- running events to showcase excellent practice in teaching reading
- working with local schools to develop their practice
Each showcase event will provide schools with the following:
- free training on the overview of the key priority areas, as identified by Department for Education, in relation to early year’s practice
- an explanation of the role of English Hubs across England and their intended impact
- support with school development planning on the identified key areas
- an opportunity for the school to apply for free funding to support the identified development areas for resourcing within your school
- an opportunity to apply for more intensive support from the English Hub (free of charge)
- an opportunity to observe best practice in the English Hub classrooms.
You can book onto any of the above showcases by the following methods:
By telephone 01706 360027 ask to speak to Ann Jones or Hayley Thomas
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by completing the booking form below.
It is recommended that wherever possible two people from each school attend a roadshow. One early year’s practitioner and one school leader.
English Hub Facebook Page
English Hub Twitter Feed
7 Nov Sir Tim Brighouse discussing the importance of being a reader and how it will shape the life of pupils. https://t.co/HXVjc5TFSC
6 Nov The next showcase will be held on Tuesday 12th November. We are nearly fully booked - to book a place please visit… https://t.co/OW1MYE3EsK
6 Nov Our Phonics workshop tickets are now available - book your free place here.. https://t.co/zCJjl15cRo
18 Oct RT @bowleepark: To celebrate our focus on ‘Reading for Pleasure’ every child in school has been gifted a brand new book to take home. We wa…
18 Oct Please find details of forthcoming Systematic, Synthetic Phonics Workshop, to book please click the link below... https://t.co/5IJ7qkTBbS