English hub schools promote a love of reading and support schools across the country to provide excellent phonics and early language teaching.
Literacy specialists within each hub will provide tailored support to schools. This will include:
- running events to showcase excellent practice in teaching reading
- working with local schools to develop their practice
Each showcase event will provide schools with the following:
- free training on the overview of the key priority areas, as identified by Department for Education, in relation to early year’s practice
- an explanation of the role of English Hubs across England and their intended impact
- support with school development planning on the identified key areas
- an opportunity for the school to apply for free funding to support the identified development areas for resourcing within your school
- an opportunity to apply for more intensive support from the English Hub (free of charge)
- an opportunity to observe best practice in the English Hub classrooms.
You can book onto any of the above showcases by the following methods:
By telephone 01706 360027 ask to speak to Ann Jones or Hayley Thomas
By email at: email@example.com
Or by completing the booking form below.
It is recommended that wherever possible two people from each school attend a roadshow. One early year’s practitioner and one school leader.
English Hub Facebook Page
English Hub Twitter Feed
24 Nov On Friday we sent home books packs provided by @Booktrust. We have been hearing how much reading has been taking pl… https://t.co/jm7kBssqdg
23 Nov Such dedication to promoting 'Reading for Pleasure'. We were blown away by this reading corner at Moston Lane Prima… https://t.co/l6yzDBn8cZ
19 Nov Having a fabulous session with Reading Leaders today, talking about decodable texts and fluency. https://t.co/riiMulHPUv
18 Nov Our beautiful new book stand... Can you guess which author and books we are promoting? https://t.co/N3KBptfNOx
18 Nov We have had a very busy day undertaking a 'data dive' with our RWI schools. Thank you to everyone who took part. https://t.co/peNWSeP1Eu